December 7 @ 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Monday, December 7, 2020 – 7 am to 3:30 pm West End Plaza Training Room (east side of lobby)
*Will switch to Virtual Course only if COVID requires* Registration at 6:30 – 7 a.m.
Minneapolis/St Paul NECA Member Registration Fee: $25/per person Non Member Fee: $100/per person NFPA 70E Standard book required (if need $68 additional fee)
This NFPA 70E class is based on the description of “qualified person” with respects to the 70E Standard. There is ultimately a dual responsibility to be held by both the JATC, for education in the classroom on the 70E Standard and how to use it, and a contractor, for job specific and hands on training. It is the intent of this class to depict who is responsible for which items in alignment with the 70E Standard. It is the intent that a JATC NFPA 70E course, when applied with a contractor’s specific training, meets the requirements for “qualified person” as defined in the 70E Standard. Changes pertaining to an updated standard are discussed throughout the course.
- Overview of hazards stemming from the use of electricity
- Video showing arc flash incidents o Discussion of contributing factors in the intensity of the incident including fault current as well as OCPD speed o Opinions on safety efforts in the workplace and current trends
- Introduction into current NFPA 70E Standard and enforcement of it
- Chapter 1 articles 100, 105, 110, 120, 130 NFPA 70E Standard
- Example worksheets creating realistic situations for developing skills within all the procedural requirements covered
- Examine requirements for PPE
- Chapter 2 and 3 and questions *a more in depth outline of this course is available upon request.
Please complete the registration form and remit a check for the total amount due to the Minneapolis NECA office. If you have any questions about this seminar, please contact Denae Simmonds at (952) 591-1800 or email@example.com.