We are continually seeking individuals who are passionate about the electrical design and construction industry who want to contribute to our company growth. If you are passionate, love what you do and hold yourself to a standard of excellence, we want to hear from you!
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Estimator is responsible for preparing electrical estimates of industrial and commercial projects. A high degree of accuracy, communication, and attention to detail is required.
- Accurately interpret the design drawings submitted. This includes all design drawings from all disciplines including civil, structural, architectural, and mechanical drawings.
- Works closely with the preconstruction and project management team to help develop solutions and resolve issues throughout the project.
- Review bid documents and attend pre-bid meetings and job walks to determine the scope of work.
- Attend estimating kickoff meetings, verifying completion of checklist.
- Attend pre-bid job walks with Estimating Team.
- Participate in pre-bid bid and final bid reviews with the Estimating Team., Lead, Chief Estimator and Business Development.
- Review and understand project bid form and project requirements.
- Review and understand the Electrical and Low Voltage Systems specifications.
- Accurate counts of electrical components on design drawings including Lighting / Power / Low Voltage Systems drawings.
- Follow estimating standards and guidelines.
- Accurately enter data into estimating software.
- Accurately estimate labor and materials quantities for a specific component of assigned projects.
- Participate in committee and department meetings, as well as estimate debriefs.
- Able to work cooperatively within diverse teams, both internally and externally, to achieve group and organizational goals.
- Maintains and promotes individual and organization integrity and values in conduct of all activities.
- Is proactive and self-starting by seizing opportunities and originating action to achieve goals.
- Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, authenticity, and acceptance of responsibility.
- Driven to engage in activities to develop or demonstrate their skills.
- Willingness to ask questions to select and use appropriate technology to accomplish assigned tasks. Able to use data efficiently to solve problems and can learn and adapt to new technologies effectively, in teams and individually.
- Demonstrates a broad repertoire of ways to think about, understand and creatively handle complex ideas, problems, and situations.
- Proactively develop oneself and one’s career through continual personal and professional learning.
- Takes responsibility for all work activities being worked on, project issues and personal actions. This individual also follows through on commitments, implements decisions that have been agreed upon, maintains confidentiality with sensitive information, acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others and recognizes the impact of one’s behavior on others.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) year degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in electrical conceptual estimating, low voltage estimating, National Electrical Code requirements, and design/build estimating preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical estimating and National Electrical Code requirements preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in Adobe/Bluebeam and virtual meeting software preferred.
- Competent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to manage workload and meet deadlines.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, filing cabinets, photocopiers and fax machines.
- Employees are frequently required to sit, and occasionally required to kneel, reach, stoop, crouch or crawl.
- This position requires the ability to lift files, open file cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
- This position may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds.